– Who was the man before he became a skull?
– It is the skull of Yorick, the king’s jester.
– Alas, poor Yorick. Sic transit gloria mundi.
Other matters contemplated by young Hamlet:
1) to wreck vengeance or not to wreck vengeance on the loathsome couple
2) to have a fling with Ophelia or not to have a fling;
and most importantly
3) to be or not to be.
To be continued as soon as Rosencrantz and Guildenstern return from Tom Stoppard’s R&G are skulls.
This is too far into the macabre so here is an appropriate bonus: